Thank you for offering to give a
presentation and congratulations on being accepted as a speaker at the
MoodleMoot. Your presentation is now visible to the world and has been
slotted into the MoodleMoot Program.
If you didn't manage to get your size in for a jacket, we will order some spares, so hopefully we'll be able to accommodate you.
speakers who did get their size in, we will have your jacket at the
MoodleMoot and we hope that you will wear it during your presentation.
Deadline: Wednesday 3 June.
Deadline: Wednesday 24 June
Submit your presentation slides
ask you to submit your presentation slides in advance. Some
presentations will be recorded and having the slides will allow us to
integrate them into recordings. There will be no need to plug in your
own computer on the day as all presentation slides will be pre-loaded on
computers at the venue. It will also help you get ready so you're not
rushing things at the last minute.
In relation to slide content, we encourage you to follow these guidelines.
- You are the focus of the presentation. Slides should be used for illustrative and reinforcement purposes.
- Acceptable formats are PDF or PowerPoint files (hopefully that won't limit your creativity).
- Use appropriate diagrams and images, use points only when necessary and avoid long text altogether.
- Where text is used, stick to a common serif font like Arial with fonts no smaller than 24pt.
- Use good quality images with clear colour contrast.
- Animations should only be used to illustrate a point or build a diagram.
- Blank slides should be used when there is no pertinent information to show, while the audience is listening to you.
- In regular presentations, as a rule-of-thumb, use one slide for every two minutes of your allotted presentation time (excluding tile slides, etc).
- Don't count on being able to give a live demonstration. If you must, be sure you have equivalent content in your presentation as screen-captures, diagrams or videos.
- Pecha Kutcha should be submitted as PowerPoint with automatic slide transitions after 20sec from the second slide onwards.You can use this template with automatic transitions already set.
Deadline: Wednesday 24 June
Promote your presence at #MootAu15
Let your colleagues, associates, friends, relatives and strangers know you're presenting.
- If you use Twitter, please use the hashtag #MootAu15.
- Add your Twitter handle to your presentation.
- Add your biography.
Rehearse your presentation
It is recommended that you prepare for your presentation by rehearsing it.
- Try presenting to your family, friends or in front of a mirror.
- Time your rehearsal to see if it will fit in your allotted presentation time.
Show up in the break before your presentation
It is important that you arrive at the room for your presentation in the break before the session that you will present in.
- Introduce yourself to the person chairing the session. They may ask for information that can be used to introduce you.
- Test your presentation on the presentation machine.
- If your session is being video recorded please make sure you allow time for a quick mic-check and setup.
- Bring a copy of your presentation on a memory stick, just in case.
Got any questions?
We want to support you. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.